Cambium Networks 450 platform increases performance with the addition of the 450b Subscriber and Backhaul Module.
- Ultra-wide band radios: 4.9 GHz to 5.925 GHz
- Capable of up to 300 Mbps aggregate in a 40 MHz channel
- Can function as a Point-to-Point (PTP) link or as a Subscriber Module (SM)
- Gigabit Ethernet Interface provides the maximum transfer rates to the device.
- 3.5 mm audio jack allows direct connection of headphones without any adapters.
- New System on a Chip (SoC) enhances Packet Processing Power more than 4x that of the 450 SM.
- Form factor allows the use of existing Offset Reflector dishes.
Q. Does the introduction of this 450b Retro result in any product cancellations?
A. The original 450 SM is already End of Life and no longer available. No other products will be retired as a result of this product introduction.
Q. Will this product work with the LENS or CLIP devices that were used with the original 450 SM?
A. No, the LENS and CLIP devices will not fit onto the 450b Retro.
Q. Will the 450b Retro “drop-in” to any offset reflector dish?
A. The original Canopy offset reflector dishes that were manufactured (prior to 2011) had a bracket that surrounded the radio on both sides. The 450b retro will not fit inside this bracket. The 450b Retro does fit our HK2022A and KP Performance offset reflector dishes that were manufactured after 2011. These mounting arms hold the radio on one side.
Q. What else do I need to buy to make the 450b Retro work?
A. A Power Supply and AC Line Cord will be needed. This device operates with the same 30 VDC PSU that other 450 SM and 450b devices use (typically the N000900L001C). If an existing power supply or mounting arm (or offset reflector dish) can be used, then nothing further is required.